Cookies and how they Benefit You:
Our Cookies Help Us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
More About Our Cookies
Website Function Cookies:
GDPR Cookie Consent
Our Own Cookies:
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
- There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third Party Functions:
Found on the listen page of Hit Music Radio, this 3rd party cookie is part of the Google Analytics system that tracks how many users are listening to us via TuneIn. By monitoring this it can help us to provide a better sustainable service for all.
Language monitoring to ensure our Twitter feed is available in your chosen language.
This cookie tracks analytics by tracking how many times videos are being viewed.
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Social Website Cookies:
So you can easily “Like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies Are Set By:
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
We have a number of partners who promote our service on a success-only basis (i.e. instead of paying for advertising, we pay them commissions on sales). Cookies are required to allow us to reward these partners and these cookies are usually provided by specialist companies (known as affiliate networks). Neither us, the networks, or the partner advertising or recommending our services are able to identify you personally.
Our Affiliate Cookies Are Provided By:
- We do not currently have any affiliate cookies.
Turning Cookies Off:
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our site and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.